When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at 10 different figures in the Bible, who all had something to teach us. (drum roll, please) Here they are:
- Abigail was smart and intelligent, could be trusted, was brave, submissive, and confidently humble.
- Achsah asked for what she wanted.
- Ahinoam lacked influence.
- Anna made the best of a bad situation, was a prayer warrior, and she talked about Jesus.
- Athaliah did not trust God, gave bad advice, and did not love people.
- Bathsheba was not always modest, did not remain loyal to right convictions, and repented.
- The Canaanite Woman was persistent and displayed great faith.
- These Certain Women were women of prayer and were faithful.
- Cozbi had no fear of God, caused others to sin and caused others to die because of her sin.
- The Daughters of Humans were beautiful.
Tomorrow we will look at the life of Deborah – a judge, prophetess, and wife.
Who has been your favorite woman from the Word so far?