When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at over 20 different figures in the Bible, who all have something to teach us (drum roll, please). Here is our second series recap:
- Deborah was a trailblazer, a leader, was close to God, was a good working partner, and she was an encourager.
- Delilah was deceitful and manipulative.
- Elizabeth was righteous, trusted God and had faith in Him; was blessed, not bitter, and she was appreciative.
- Eunice and Lois had genuine faith.
- Euodia and Syntyche had to learn to work together in unity.
- Eve was the first of many things, was made in the image of God, did not resist temptation, did not take responsibility, was the perfect companion and helper, and helped take care of God’s creation. Read Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Hagar ran and was heard by God.
- Four Wives (the wives of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth) did not follow the world and they had faith.
- Hannah prayed, was persistent, and kept her promise.
- Herodias harbored hate.
View the first series recap here.
Next we will look at the life of Huldah – a prophetess in Jerusalem.
Who has been your favorite woman from the Word so far?