When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at 30 different figures in the Bible, who all have something to teach us (drum roll, please). Here is our third series recap:
- Five Sisters (Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah) fought for their rights.
- Huldah heard the Lord.
- Esther was prepared for her purpose, did not allow her background to keep her down, and found favor in the sight of God and man.
- Jael chose faith over fear, broke tradition, and used the tools she had on hand.
- Jehosheba or Jehoshabeath did not let her ancestors define her and was a protector.
- Jephthah’s Daughter was a willing sacrifice.
- Jeroboam’s Wife was deceitful because she listened / obeyed someone else.
- Jezebel defied God; wanted what she wanted, when she wanted it; and forgot that good always wins in the end.
- Jochebed (Moses’ Mother) trusted God.
- The Levite’s Concubine did not know true love.
View the first series recap here.
View the second series recap here.
Next we will look at the life of Lydia. Who has been your favorite Woman from the Word so far?