When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at 40 different figures in the Bible, who all have something to teach us (drum roll, please). Here is our fourth series recap:
- Lydia was seeking God with an open heart and was a hospitable servant.
- Manoah’s Wife (mother of Samson) believed the Word of the Lord.
- Mary of Rome was a hard worker.
- Mary (the mother of James and Joses) followed Jesus faithfully.
- Mary (the mother of Jesus) was available, submitted herself to the will of God, and accepted her Son as her Saviour.
- The Medium at En Dor sold her soul to the devil.
- Mephibosheth’s Nurse must have never heard the idiom “haste makes waste”, but she saw God give her unfortunate accident a happy ending.
- Michal allowed the unfair treatment she experienced to make her bitter and was not a woman after God’s own heart.
- Lot’s Wife was disobedient.
- Gomer experienced true love.
View the first series recap here.
View the second series recap here.
View the third series recap here.
Next we will look at the life of Miriam. Who has been your favorite Woman from the Word so far?