When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at 50 different figures in the Bible, who all have something to teach us (drum roll, please). Here is our fifth series recap:
- Miriam was a dependable big sister, used her gifts to give gratitude to God, and allowed the desire for power to make her discontent.
- Salome (mother of the sons of Zebedee) did not realize that true greatness is found in serving.
- Orpah did not open her heart to God.
- Peninnah was a mean girl.
- Peter’s mother-in-law served the Lord.
- Pharaoh’s daughter showed compassion.
- Phinehas’ wife lost hope.
- Shiphrah and Puah feared God.
- The two prostitutes went to the king.
- Dinah shows us that bad things sometimes happen to innocent girls.
View the first series recap here.
View the second series recap here.
View the third series recap here.
View the fourth series recap here.
Next we will look at the Queen of Sheba. Who has been your favorite Woman from the Word so far?