When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at 60 different figures in the Bible, who all have something to teach us (drum roll, please). Here is our sixth series recap:
- The Queen of Sheba sought knowledge, acknowledged the Lord, and was generous.
- Rahab lied, believed, and backed up her faith with action.
- Reuel’s seven daughters accepted help and gave credit.
- Rebekah was a kind person who cared for humans and animals alike, showed trust in God, and tragically thought that God needed her help.
- Rhoda was persistent, was glad to tell good news, and believed God had answered their prayers.
- Ruth showed compassion and love, had the character to build a true relationship, and trusted in God.
- Salome ministered to Christ and followed Christ to the cross.
- Samson’s first wife was a manipulator.
- Sapphira thought she could deceive God and was punished by God.
- Sarah was loyal and obedient to her husband, doubted God would fulfill His promises, and let her faith conquer her fears.
View the first series recap here.
View the second series recap here.
View the third series recap here.
View the fourth series recap here.
View the fifth series recap here.
Next we will look at the Shunammite woman. Who has been your favorite Woman from the Word so far? What have you learned from her?