When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at 80 different female figures in the Bible. They all have something to teach us. So, (drum roll, please). Here is our eighth series recap:
- The woman with an alabaster flask listened at the feet of Jesus and did a good work for Jesus.
- The woman with the millstone used what she had.
- The woman with the flow of blood did not let the crowd keep her back from Jesus.
- Zipporah was criticized for something she had no control over.
- Philip’s four daughters were virgins and used their spiritual gifts to minister to others for God.
- Damaris believed.
- Junia was persecuted for her faith in Christ.
- Job’s wife was ready to break up with God, but she endured and was blessed.
- Phoebe was a servant, was a helper of many and was commended.
- Jemimah, Keziah, and Keren-Happuch were given an inheritance along with their brothers.