When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at over 90 different female figures in the Bible. They all have something to teach us. So, (drum roll, please). Here is our ninth series recap:
- Abijah or Abi influenced her son for good.
- Abigail’s five maidens were not jealous of her good fortune.
- Daughters, sisters, wives and many mothers of life played important roles.
- Queen mothers of kings raised sons who did what was right and sons who did what was evil.
- Abishag served the king.
- Apphia, and all who follow Jesus like her, are sisters and brothers in Christ and daughters and sons of God.
- Artaxerxes’ queen was supportive.
- Asenath accepted God’s plan for her.
- The queen mother of Belshazzar was a friend of Daniel who was a friend of God.
- Bernice heard the Gospel, but most likely refused to believe it.