When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at over 100 different female figures in the Bible. They all have something to teach us. So, (drum roll, please). Here is our tenth series recap:
- Through sacrifice, Bilhah and Zilpah were a part of birthing the twelve tribes of Israel.
- Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, heard the Gospel of Jesus the Christ and believed.
- Chloe was a woman of peace.
- Claudia was an encourager.
- The servant girls were witnesses to Peter’s infamous denial of Christ.
- Herodias’ daughter did not think for herself.
- The daughters of priests are distant examples for all who claim to believe in Christ because we are daughters and sons of the High Priest, Jesus the Christ.
- The daughters of King Zedekiah were victims of war.
- The daughters of the Philistines were glad and rejoiced over the deaths and failures of their enemies.
- Some devout and honourable women used their influence for evil; others used their influence for good.