When God created woman, He made a very special creation. He made us beautiful and unique. He made us strong and resilient, gutsy and spirited, sassy and sweet. And He loves us. God really, really loves His girls. And the Bible is filled with many women – some good, some bad – all of who God made, who God loved, and who we can learn many lessons from.
So far in our Women of the Word series, we have looked at over 120 different female figures in the Bible. They all have something to teach us. So, (drum roll, please). Here is our twelfth series recap:
- Joanna and Susanna were woman who had been healed by Christ and they showed their gratitude and love by supporting Him. Joanna was a courageous disciple of Jesus the Christ and both women spread the good news of Jesus’ resurrection.
- Julia was a saint.
- Lamech’s daughters did not walk with God.
- Lemuel’s mother was a wise woman of virtuous character.
- Lo-Ruhamah was NOT not loved and we are not “Lo-Ruhamahs” to God.
- The four hundred virgins of Jabesh-Gilead and the young women of Shiloh were preservers of life.
- Mary, the mother of John Mark, had a house of prayer.
- Merab had a tragedy-filled life.
- Lot’s daughters were tainted by the immorality that surrounded them.
- Milkah played a role in bringing God’s promise to fruition.